Monday, December 7, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

I rotate between 3 or 4 different breakfasts depending on the seasons and my need for more dairy in my life (I always have this need). So, here's the latest in the rotation:
Simple Breakfast #1
1/2 c. 2% plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. honey
A palm full of your favorite granola
Directions? Eat. But, a word to the wise: If you have a hard time with plain yogurt, you will want to mix the honey and yogurt WELL, and then top with granola. If you're used to plain yogurt, and know what you're doing, you can try not mixing, so that you can taste the sour/bitter yogurt and then let the honey quench the objectionable taste. I love Weird. I know. Also, you may be asking, "What the heck is the deal with "Greek" yogurt?" Well, it's creamier than plain yogurt. I think they strain more liquid out of it than they would "normal" yogurt. The creaminess makes it far superior in my opinion. Give it a shot!

Doesn't it just look delicious? MMMMM! Can't wait til tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment